Immigration Services

Immigration FAQ

Immigration FAQ

We are experiencing a lot of immigration and visa related questions; therefore we have highlighted the below most common questions we receive, with the answers.
This will hopefully allow you to understand, when and how we can assist you with such needs before you make a formal inquiry:

  1. Can I apply for a work based visa?
    To obtain a visa to work in the UK, a Tier 2 visa, you must have a job offer from an employer who is licensed to sponsor migrant workers.  Your job offer must have a minimum salary of at least £30,000 per year (potentially more depending on your job role) and be at a highly skilled level.
    This visa type is changing in January 2021.  You will still require a job offer from an employer who holds a sponsor licence but the level of skill required will be lower as will the yearly wage.2. Can I apply under the new Graduate route?
    This route is only open to those who are finishing their course in Summer 2021.  If you graduate before this date, you will not be able to benefit from this new route.  There will not be a maintenance or English language requirement for this visa but specific details are yet to be released.

    3. Can I switch from a Tier 2 (ICT) visa to a Tier 2 (General) visa in country?
    This is not normally possible; you need to leave the UK to make an application.  Further, you would normally be subject to a 12-month cooling off period from the expiry of your Tier 2 General visa meaning that you could not make an application until 12 months have passed.  The Home Office have confirmed that this cooling off period is going to be reviewed in line with the new visa system from January 2021 however no information is available, as yet, as to how this will be changed.

    4. Can I extend my Tier 4 Student visa in country?
    It is normally only possible to extend a Tier 4 Student visa in country where you can evidence academic progression (ie you are moving from a bachelor’s degree to a masters).  If you cannot show such progression, you must usually return to your home country to make your application from there.

    5. Can I switch in country from a visit visa to any other type of visa?
    Normally this would not be permitted and applicants would need to return to their home country to make a fresh application.  However, during the current pandemic, the Home Office are allowing those whose leave expires prior to 31 August 2020 to extend to a long term visa in country.  It may be possible to extend your visa if your leave expires after this date if you have an urgent need to do so.

    6. I am not married to my partner and we have not lived together for 2 years.  Can I apply for a visa as a partner?
    In order to be defined as a “partner” within the Immigration Rules, you must either be married/in a civil partnership or have lived together for at least 2 years.  If you do not meet this definition, you will not be able to apply as a partner.
    If your partner is British or has indefinite leave and you are looking to make an application to marry, you may be able to apply as a fiancé which would then satisfy the “partner” definition.

    7. I am in a relationship with an EEA national but we are not married.  Can we come to the UK?
    You will need to be able to evidence that your relationship is durable to be able to apply for a family permit based on your relationship; it is usually required for you to have lived together for at least 2 years.  You must make an application prior to 31 December 2020 to benefit from the current provisions under the Brexit transitional arrangements.

    8. Can I pay your fees after I receive my visa?
    We request that all fees are paid in advance of work being undertaken on your file.  We would not accept payment after a visa has been issued.

From the above x8 questions and answers, you should now be up to date on the immigration related queries we CAN assist you with.
If we are unable to assist you at present, then please continue with the next stages until we are able to so so.
We are unable to help you find work or a study program; this is something that you must arrange yourself in order to proceed onto the next stages.



My Housing Association have ignored the problems in my property for years. When Angelus Law got involved they ended up getting all the problems fixed for free and I received thousands in compensation.

Alan Peters

When I moved into my house 4 years ago, it turns out my landlord didn’t protect my deposit until 2 months after I had moved in. Angelus Law recovered 3 times the amount of the deposit as compensation for me.

Julie Owens

I thought I had lost every chance of a happy retirement when my SIPP collapsed. My Financial Advisor had told me my money would be safe. Angelus recovered my full investment plus interest.

Marc Lyons