Tenancy Deposit Claims

Compensation For A Tenancy Deposit Claim In The UK

The United Kingdom Law requires every landlord to place tenant deposits in a TDP or Tenancy Deposit Protection Scheme. They do this to safeguard the tenant's money and ensure the landlord returns the money promptly at the end of the tenancy. The landlord should abide by the law and provide you with a copy of the "deposit protection certificate" within 30 days of receiving the deposit. If you didn't receive such a certificate within 30 days of handing over your deposit, you are likely entitled to a tenancy claim. Call Angelus Law to get compensation for tenancy deposit claims in the UK.
Housing cost. Paper toy house with British currency notes
At Angelus Law, we are qualified accomplished legal professionals who stand out from the rest of the competition. We are the best at what we do and can help you claim compensation for tenancy deposit cases. Angelus Law is a firm of Solicitors who specialise in Tenancy Deposit Claims. Here are some salient features of our claim handling process:
We work on a no-win-no-fee basis. You don't have to pay us anything until you receive compensation from the landlord.
Ours is a hassle-free process with no lengthy paperwork to complete.
We strive to settle your claims quickly.
We are your dedicated claims expert in the region.
Our expert solicitors are prepared to go that extra mile to satisfy the needs of our customers in the area.
We are qualified and rated by our clients.
That's why you need to choose Angelus Law for all tenancy deposit compensation cases. Call to get compensation for tenancy deposit claims in the UK.

What To Do If You Have A Tenancy Deposit Claim?

When the landlord doesn't protect your tenancy deposit, you have the right to claim compensation. The tenant can ask for compensation if the landlord or his agent has broken the tenancy deposit rules. He or she may receive 1-3 times the deposit amount under such circumstances. The tenant can claim compensation if the landlord:
Failed to protect the deposit within 30 days of receiving it
Didn't give you confirmation about protecting your deposit within 30 days
Failed to keep the deposit protected throughout your tenancy
You should consult a qualified solicitor like Angelus Law to get your compensation. Our solicitors take your case on under a conditional fee agreement - known as "no win no fee." You will need to gather evidence to support your case when calling a solicitor to handle it. You should have a copy of your tenancy agreement, records of rent payments, the receipt of confirmation for the deposit, and letters to and from your landlord when making a claim for compensation from the landlord.
Our expert solicitors will send a formal "letter before action" to the landlord before starting your court claim. This letter should set out the details about the claim. Call our expert law firm - Angelus Law - for all your tenancy deposit compensation cases in the United Kingdom.

How Much Compensation Is There?

Tenancy deposit compensation could amount to 1-3 months of the deposit amount you have paid the landlord. Angelus Law has developed a swift and effective process of managing all compensation claims for tenancy deposit disputes. Our firm has an exceptional success rate in this area. You should speak to an expert deposit protection scheme solicitor from Angelus Law to start the claim process. Our team can help you claim the compensation you deserve - if you have experienced any of these issues over the past six years:
You are not sure if the landlord protected your deposit
You know that the landlord didn't protect your tenancy deposit
You didn't receive a deposit scheme protection certificate even after 30 days of paying the money to the landlord
You didn't get the deposit back when your tenancy period was over
If the landlord mistreated you regarding your tenancy deposit, you may claim for tenancy deposit compensation. Our professional and friendly team of tenancy deposit solicitors will offer you the right knowledge and advise you on how you should proceed with your claim. Call our expert team of solicitors today for confidential & immediate advice. We will help you resolve your dispute claim immediately.
Tenancy Deposit Compensation - Understand Your Rights
The rights of a tenant are often unclear and confusing. Our team can offer solid advice to help minimise your worry and stress. When a tenant pays a deposit to a landlord for a rental property, the landlord has 30 days to place the money in one of three tenancy protection schemes. They should do so and present you with the relevant certificate before the end of 30 days. Here are the three tenancy protection schemes:
Deposit Protection Scheme (DPS)
My Deposits
Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS)
This is a legal requirement enacted to stop landlords from misusing the money. The deposit money should be readily available at the end of the tenancy. Your landlord is legally obliged to give you a copy of the deposit protection certificate within 30 days of receiving your deposit. Unfortunately, many landlords ignore their legal obligations. If your landlord breaks the law, you can sue him/her for an amount up to fourfold your deposit. The judge or jury will determine the amount you receive as compensation. Each time you renew the lease agreement, your landlord has another 30 days to protect your deposit. If he or she fails to do so, it's a separate breach. You can sue the landlord for each instance.

Who Can Claim?

Any tenant who thinks the landlord isn't protecting his/her deposit money or didn't give the deposit protection certificate within 30 days of receiving the deposit can claim for tenancy deposit compensation.

How Can Angelus Law Help Me?

Angelus Law is a trusted team of solicitors who can provide you with the support required at all stages of your deposit protection scheme claim. Start the reclaiming process today - request a no-obligation free call back from our compensation solicitors. Call Angelus Law on 0151 329 3660 today.

Our Simple Claims Process

Are you looking for a hassle-free process for your mis-sold pension claim? We’ve got you sorted; here at Angelus Law, our process is as straightforward as it gets. There’s no lengthy paperwork, and our simple process plus the implementation of technology makes it possible for claims to be settled quickly.
Gradation Image
Get in Touch
There are many ways you can get in touch with us to start your claim. You can call us, email us, or send us a message via our website.
Gradation Image
Review Your Claim
Our expert team of solicitors will review your case and let you know if you have a claim.
Gradation Image
Start Claim Process
We will then start acting on your behalf and send a letter of claim to the defendant to start the legal process.
Gradation Image
Wait for Your Outcome
We will keep you informed on the progress of your claim and if successful let you know.

Get in touch today to see how we can help. Call us on 0151 329 3660